Advanced Electrical Characterization Lab (AECL)
The AECL, located in NSERL (RL 4.504), is a core facility operated and maintained by the Office of Research. This lab is equipped with instrumentation for the electrical characterization of devices and structures on wafers and substrates (up to 200 mm diameter) over a temperature range of -65 to 200 °C. The Cascade probe station is specified to provide current measurement down to fA and capacitance measurement down to tens of fF. For capacitance-voltage (C-V) and current-voltage (I-V) measurements, the lab is equipped with a Keithley 4200-SCS (Semiconductor Characterization System), Agilent 4284, and Agilent 4155. Using the probe station in conjunction with appropriate test equipment coupled with analysis, specific electrical properties of thin-films and devices can be probed to understand device performance and reliability.
Instrumentation and Capabilities
All rates below are per hour and per instrument basis. Annual training fee is $100/user. This training fee will be invoiced on the first use by a user for the fiscal year.
|Instrument||Internal Rate ($/hr per instrument)|
|Cascade Probe Station 1 – General use||$4.50|
|Keithley 4200 General use|
|HP 4284 General use|
|HP 4284 #2|
|NI GPIP-USB HS Network adapter|
|Tanner Tools PC|
External user rate is $15/hr per instrument.
To reserve an instrument, please visit the Lab Resources Scheduler. Name of the Faculty Supervisor/Sponsor and a valid Cost Center number is required to complete the reservation.
- Users must make reservations before using the instruments.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the starting time of the reservation. Otherwise, the users will be charged for the reserved time slot.
- Users are responsible for charges of unused reservation hours because of being late or for no-shows.
- Users must not be more than 30 minutes late to prevent other users from using your reserved time slot at your expense.
- If a user cannot use the reserved slot for emergency reasons, please bring it to the staff’s attention.
Please contact Dr. Chadwin Young by emailing AECL@utdallas.edu with any questions or if you need further information.
- Genome Center
- Molecular and Protein Analysis Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Advanced Electrical Characterization Lab (AECL)
- Mass Spectrometer Core
- Access to Research Core Facilities
- Lab Resources Scheduler
- Imaging and Histology Core