Imaging and Histology Core
The University of Texas at Dallas’ newly established Imaging and Histology Core facility is located in the Natural Science and Engineering Research Laboratory (NSERL) with 3090 square feet of renovated and dedicated lab space. The core houses state-of-the-art instruments and technology for researchers on-campus and external users to provide affordable support for basic research and translational research in biological and interdisciplinary sciences. This core facility is operated by the Office of Research and employs dedicated full-time technical staff to operate and maintain the equipment. The Imaging Core houses advanced imaging systems, including an electron microscope, confocal laser scanning microscopes, a multiphoton intravital imaging system, and various other optical microscopes. The Histology Core provides support for processing and embedding of tissue samples, sectioning and slide preparation, cell culture, and sample imaging.
Olympus and Zeiss Imaging Instruments
The Olympus imaging equipment is part of The University of Texas Dallas/Olympus Imaging Reference Center. This center is a collaborative effort between The University of Texas Dallas and Olympus establishing a state-of-the-art imaging core, including top-end Olympus imaging facilities, hands-on training from Olympus staff, an imaging summer school run cooperatively by Olympus and UTD, and regular beta testing of new Olympus imaging equipment.
Histology and Cell Culture Equipment
- Leica ASP300 S: Fully enclosed tissue processor
- Leica EM UC7: Ultramicrotome used for sample preparation for electron microscopy
- Leica RM2235: Manual microtome
- Leica CM1860: Clinical Cryostat
- Leica EM FC7: Cryochamber used for sample preparation for electron microscopy
- HistoCore ARCADIA C and H: Cold and hot paraffin embedding stations
- Leica EM ACE200: Carbon coater used for sample preparation for electron microscopy
- Leica EM KMR3 Glass Knifemaker: used for sample preparation for electron microscopy
- NuAire Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet
- NuAire Direct Heat In-Vitrocell Air-Jacketed CO2 Incubators
Please contact HistologyCore@utdallas.edu for more information.
- Imaging and Histology Core
- Genome Center
- Molecular and Protein Analysis Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Advanced Electrical Characterization Lab (AECL)
- Access to Research Core Facilities
- Lab Resources Scheduler