We encourage all UT Dallas Researchers to utilize Globus to share and publish their work. Together the Office of Research, Office of Information Technology, and departmental staff offer several Globus endpoints to manage, share, and publish from systems around campus.
- Callisto – Office of Research
- Available to all active faculty
- Please submit a request to have a private endpoint allocated
- Ganymede – Office of Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
Globus How-To Guide
- Can I create a Globus endpoint on my research cluster?
- Yes, please reach out via the link above and the Office of Research will work with your technical team to bring the resources online.
- How much space is available on Callisto?
- We are currently offering 1 TB to each faculty, but if more is needed please indicate on your request and it will be reviewed.
- How much does this service cost?
- The Office of Research intends to offer this service for free to all faculty, staff, and students.
- What is a personal endpoint?
- Globus Connect Personal is software that can be installed on Linux, Mac, or Windows to enable easy transfer of data between Globus endpoints.
- What is Globus Plus?
- Globus Plus is a subscription benefit that enables additional sharing and transfer scenarios.