The Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) works with UT Dallas researchers and external partners to bring the fruits of UT Dallas innovation to the public through commercialization.
- For information about technologies available for licensing to startups or existing companies, visit our Technology Showcase.
- UT Dallas researchers who wish to submit their invention for assessment should see Forms and Agreements.
- UT Dallas Inventors learn more about the assessment and commercialization process, relevant university policies, and intellectual property.
- Learn about resources for UT Dallas-affiliated startup companies and the Venture Development Center.
The mission of the OTC is to effectively and efficiently facilitate the evaluation, protection, patenting and transfer of commercially viable, UT Dallas innovations for the economic, social, environmental and cultural benefit of the citizens of the region and the state of Texas and society in general. Our goals include:
- Implement processes for the efficient evaluation and management of UT Dallas innovations.
- Effectively transfer commercially viable technologies to the market.
- Maintain customer-centric operations that will attract and retain UT Dallas commercialization customers including inventors, investors and industry partners
The OTC takes a collaborative, partnering approach when working with inventors, industry partners, and investors. We strive to be flexible, facilitative, market-oriented, and creative with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our faculty and industry partners.
Research News and Contacts
For campus-wide news and upcoming events associated with Research at UT Dallas, please visit the News Center.
To identify specific team members from the Office of Technology Commercialization to contact, please visit the staff directory.