UTD researchers are required to complete the conflict of interest training offered online through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program at least once every four years.
The CITI program guides you through the completion of their conflict of interest training module, which covers the following topics:
- CITI Conflict of Interest Course – Introduction
- Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules
- Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators
If you need assistance in setting up your CITI account, please view the instructions below.
Instructions for Accessing CITI
Visit the CITI home page.
- NEW users: Select “Register” to create your own username and password. Enter “University of Texas at Dallas” into the search bar under “Organization Affiliation.” Complete Steps 2-7 of the registration process. NOTE: Once you log in to CITI, regardless of whether or not you completed any modules, you will no longer be considered a new visitor. At subsequent visits to CITI, you must log in as a returning visitor.
- Returning users: Login under your existing username and password.
Step 2: On the CITI Main Menu, open the drop-down menu, “University of Texas at Dallas Courses”, and select the option to “Add a Course or Update Learner Groups”.
Step 3: On the next page, select the “Conflict of interest” learner group.
Step 4: You will be directed back to the CITI Main Menu. Open the drop-down menu, “University of Texas at Dallas Courses”, again and select the “Conflict of Interest” course. You will be directed to the course, “Conflict of Interest – Stage 1”. You need to complete the three (3) required modules.
Please contact the Conflict of Interest Manager should you have questions or issues with the CITI training modules.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety and Chemical Safety Committee (IBCC)
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Lab Safety
- Export Control
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Contact with Federal Officials