Conflict of Interest (COI)
A conflict of interest in research exists when a financial or other interest may compromise, or appear to compromise, the design, conduct, or reporting of research. The Research Conflict of Interest (RCOI) program at UT Dallas functions in part to fulfill requirements in federal law that federal funding recipients maintain and enforce a policy governing research conflicts of interest, and to inform individuals of this policy. The RCOI program also provides a framework for investigators to protect the integrity of their research by identifying and disclosing situations that may pose a conflict, as well as working with the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach to manage such situations.
Conflicts of interest may also exist when a financial or other interest may impair or influence an individual’s judgment in performing his or her duties and responsibilities on behalf of UT Dallas other than research. These conflicts may arise in situations involving the negotiation and approval of contracts agreements between UT Dallas and outside entities, procurement processes, and other financial transactions.
UT Dallas is committed to ensuring its faculty an open and productive environment in which to conduct teaching and research. The university’s concern with conflict of interest reflects the ever-increasing complexity of our society, our various relations with each other and with outside institutions, along with the heightened national and governmental sensitivity to such matters. UT Dallas takes the position that faculty and researchers can participate in situations involving potential conflicts in conjunction with appropriate supervision and monitoring by the University. The guidelines and principles articulated in UTD conflict of interest policy balance the professional autonomy of investigators inherent in the self-regulation of research with the institutional responsibility UT Dallas accepts to know what conflicts might exist at the University and to manage, reduce, or eliminate those conflicts.
- Sanaz Okhovat, Assistant Vice President for Research Integrity and Outreach, 972-883-4579, AD 3.202H, email@example.com, biosafety and chemical safety committee;conflict of interest;export control;institutional review board;lab animal resource center;research and academic safety;research integrity and outreach
- Conor Wakeman, Conflict of Interest Manager, 972-883-4718, AD 3.218A, firstname.lastname@example.org, conflict of interest;export control;research integrity and outreach
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety and Chemical Safety Committee (IBCC)
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Research and Academic Safety
- Export Control
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Contact with Federal Officials
- Shipping Guide