UT Dallas may be subject to obligations or restrictions regarding sharing or sending outside of UTD items, data, and information created in the course of research at UT Dallas because of agreements with sponsors or licensors, such as the following:
- Technology described in, or is part of, an Invention Disclosure that UTD is protecting or has protected by one or more patents, or pending patents
- Intellectual property exclusively licensed by UTD to another party
- Material that was received from another party under an agreement (e.g., Material Transfer Agreement, Sponsored Research Agreement, or commercial purchases with use limitations) that prohibits or limits redistribution or further transfer of such material
- Material or technology that was created or discovered using external research funding (e.g., government, industry, or foundation grant, gift, or contract)
A Materials Transfer Agreement or license agreement may be needed before sharing items or data with any of the restrictions stated above. Research Integrity and Outreach recommends that you review the Decision Tree for Outgoing Research Materials before preparing your shipment.
Are you shipping domestic or international?
What you need to ship: Send the Shipping Information Form to the Export Compliance Officer for approval before entering eShipGlobal. After you receive your approved Shipping Information Form, set up your shipment request in eShipGlobal. eShipGlobal will direct you to the Ship Domestic module. Please note any related UTD Project or Contract IDs in the ‘Shipment Reference’ field.
What you need to ship: Send the Shipping Information Form to the Export Compliance Officer for approval before entering eShipGlobal. After you receive your approved Shipping Information Form, set up your shipment request in eShipGlobal. You will indicate to eShipGlobal that you are sending Products that contain confidentiality or nondisclosure restrictions. You will then select your ‘Item’ from the database, which will import export designations provided by the ECO. After selecting your Item, please state the purpose of the shipment and any related UTD Project or Contract IDs in the ‘Shipment Reference’ field.
Click here to download a fillable Shipping Information Form.
- Research and Academic Safety
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety and Chemical Safety Committee (IBCC)
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Export Control
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Contact with Federal Officials
- Shipping Guide