Cost Center and Budget Modifications
Cost Center Setup and Budget Modifications
Learn how to submit budget changes, request supplemental funds, and more.
All sponsored project budget revisions are conducted by the Office of Post-Award Management (OPM). If sponsored approval is necessary, OPM will work to obtain necessary approvals. The following may require OSP approval:
- Change of any named personnel
- Reduction of salary/effort
- Change in equipment costs
- Addition of foreign travel
- Change greater than 25% of budget item
- Change in student support (c7000)
Supplemental Funds Requests
Requests for additional funding on an existing project are processed as proposals through OSP.
You will need the following items:
- Proposal Certification Form
- Export Control Form
- Budget and justification
- Statement of work for the additional effort
- Updated certification for all compliance issues (if necessary)
Change of Principal Investigator
If a change of Principal Investigator (PI) is required on a project, a letter must be sent to the sponsor. The letter should be endorsed by the current PI, the proposed PI, and OSP. The letter also should outline the qualifications of the new PI. Approval from the respective Deans will also be necessary.
Leave of Absence
If a PI plans to be away from the University and has a sponsored project, the PI will need to notify OSP, who will need to notify the sponsor in writing of the absence. The notification will need to address how the PI plans to maintain oversight of the project during the absence. This letter needs to be signed by OSP.
If you see a post-award issue not listed please see the Office of Post Award Management.
For additional information, please see the FAQ page.
Learn about managing your award while conducting your research.
- Lifecycle of a Grant
- Research Development
- Proposal Development and Submission
- Award Negotiation and Acceptance
- Cost Center and Budget Modifications
- Award Management
- Award Closeout
- No-Cost Extensions
- Grant Award Numbers
- Policies and Resources
- Roles and Responsibility
- Frequently Asked Questions