The City of Richardson and the University of Texas at Dallas have teamed up on a powerful economic development initiative by partnering on a new Headquarters for the Richardson Innovation Quarter (the IQ HQ).
UT Dallas will have a significant presence at The IQ®, where we will foster corporate innovator and university collaborations, support the region’s startup and entrepreneur community, and advance UT Dallas research.
“This major knowledge capital investment by the City and UT Dallas is a critical step in realizing the Richardson IQ® ’s ultimate vision as a premier tech hub in Texas,” said Richardson Mayor Paul Voelker.
“We salute our partners at UT Dallas for thinking creatively about how to bring cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research and hands-on support for entrepreneurs to our opportunity-rich innovation district. We expect this formal, tangible commitment to The IQ® to serve as a catalyst that stimulates business alliances, attracts new jobs, and inspires brilliant, new ideas.”
The IQ® will serve as an extension of the UT Dallas campus and the “front door” to the city’s Innovation Quarter, where:
- industry can engage top university researchers and students
- entrepreneurs can launch and grow their startups
- the public can experience academic and skill-building education from one of the states and the nation’s top-ranked universities
|UT Dallas Centers Featured at The IQ®
|Center for Applied AI & Machine Learning (CAIML)
|Center for Applied AI with UT Dallas Expertise (CAIQUE)
|Center for Imaging and Surgical Innovation (CISI)
|Center for Smart Mobility (COSMO)
|Multi-Scale Integrated Interactive Intelligent Sensing Center (MINTS)
Other UTD programs and resources at the IQ HQ:
- Institute for Innovation Entrepreneurship programs and events
- Dedicated office and lab space through the Venture Development Center (VDC)
- Senior design/capstone offerings from UTD’s Jindal (UTD Solv) and Jonsson School’s (UTDesign)
- Collaboration, co-working, and conference space for UTD schools, student groups, and community partners
- Mixed media/reality studio, IQ Design ideation & branding services and more
For more information watch the Research 411 video on YouTube.