The Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) works with UT Dallas researchers and external partners to bring the fruits of UT Dallas innovation to the public through commercialization.
- For information about technologies available for licensing to startups or existing companies, visit our Technology Showcase.
- UT Dallas researchers who wish to submit their invention for assessment should see Forms and Agreements.
- UT Dallas Inventors learn more about the assessment and commercialization process, relevant university policies, and intellectual property.
- Learn about resources for UT Dallas-affiliated startup companies and the Venture Development Center.
- UT Dallas has spun off over a dozen startup companies.
The OTC is responsible for the management of all innovations that result from research conducted at UT Dallas. The mission of the OTC is to effectively and efficiently facilitate the evaluation, protection, patenting and transfer of commercially viable, UT Dallas innovations for the economic, social, environmental and cultural benefit of the citizens of the region and the state of Texas and society in general. Our goals include:
- Implement processes for the efficient evaluation and management of UT Dallas innovations.
- Effectively transfer commercially viable technologies to the market.
- Create and maintain a world class program for proactively facilitating the creation of UT Dallas Startups.
- Maintain customer-centric operations that will attract and retain UT Dallas commercialization customers including inventors, investors and industry partners.
The OTC takes a collaborative, partnering approach when working with inventors, industry partners, and investors. We strive to be flexible, facilitative, market-oriented, and creative with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our faculty and industry partners.
News and Events
For campus wide news and upcoming events, visit the UT Dallas News Center.
Innovate DFW Calendar
National Council of Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer (NCET2)
- Brent Schultze, Interim Director, 972-883-4589, AD 3.218, email@example.com, technology commercialization
- Steven Lin, Licensing Associate, 972-883-4814, AD 3.218, firstname.lastname@example.org, technology commercialization
- Samantha Preisser, Marketing Specialist, 972-883-4165, AD 3.218, email@example.com, technology commercialization
- D'Ann Henderson, Patent Specialist, 972-883-4558, AD 3.218, firstname.lastname@example.org, technology commercialization
- Andrea Belanger, Licensing Associate, 972-883-4138, AD 3.218, email@example.com, technology commercialization
- Rocio Gallo, Financial Analyst, 972-883-4585, AD 3.218, firstname.lastname@example.org, technology commercialization
- Armin Shahdi, Associate Financial Analyst, 972-883-4822, AD 3.218, email@example.com, technology commercialization
- Abigail Go, Intellectual Property Manager, 972-883-4574, AD 3.218, firstname.lastname@example.org, technology commercialization