The R.O.A.D. to D.C. Program will provide an opportunity to meet with program managers within your area of research from agencies such as National Institute of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and other D.C. area agencies.
- Travel to Washington, D.C. on Sunday March, 15, 2020 and return to Dallas on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Provide a recommendation letter from your Dean or Department Head (required during this registration process)
- Participate in one Mentor Meeting on campus at UT Dallas
- Schedule and attend two or more appointments with program managers from various agencies in Washington, D.C. (Monday, March 16, 2020 and Tuesday, March 17, 2020)
- Attend a team dinner in Washington, D.C. to share information and experiences with fellow attendees (Monday, March 16, 2020)
We hope that through this program you will have the opportunity to build and cultivate relationships with program managers and other faculty at UT Dallas in an effort to enhance research funding opportunities.
Submission Deadlines: January 24, 2020
All flights MUST be purchased by your department administration team using the Office of Research cost center (provided after registration process is complete). The Office of Research will NOT cover the cost of flight changes, including fees or change in air fare pricing.
Please note that the Office of Research will be making your hotel reservations for you. We will send you the location and confirmation information closer to your travel date.
Travel reimbursements must be completed by your department administration using the provided Office of Research cost center. All reimbursements must follow university policies and guidelines.