The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) provides assistance to faculty and staff in obtaining and managing sponsored awards while assuring proper stewardship of those funds. The office is charged with review and approval of proposals sent to all external sponsors.
- Notify researchers regarding funding opportunities and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance in drafting, reviewing and processing proposals for submission to sponsoring agencies.
- Assist faculty with several types of contracts — those that support and fund research (e.g., Sponsored Research, Collaborative Research and Research Services), as well as non-funded agreements needed to facilitate research (e.g., Material Transfer, Non-Disclosure and Memoranda of Understanding)
- Receive award documents from Sponsor and forward to Post-Award Management for creation of a cost center.
- Assist with non-financial post-award administrative functions.
Who Is My Grant Specialist?
Submission of Proposals – Internal Deadline
The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) strives to provide our faculty with responsive, high-quality service. In order to maintain the superior level of service you have come to expect and allow time to address any potential issues, all submissions will be subject to the following requirements:
- ALL submission materials and paperwork must be submitted to OSP at least 4 business days prior to the submission deadline.
- Incomplete submissions and/or submissions received after this deadline will be processed only after all complete and timely applications have been processed.
- All submission materials received after the 4-day window will require the approval of the Vice President for Research or the Associate Vice President for Research before OSP will submit the application. An explanation of the extenuating circumstances that resulted in the late proposal must accompany the request for such approval.
Adherence to this policy will ensure OSP and your individual specialist can assist you in submitting timely and high quality applications.
If you have any questions about this policy or any other matters related to sponsored programs, please do not hesitate to contact either of the following: email@example.com, Associate Vice President for Research, or Emily Lacy, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us how we’re doing – take our Customer Service Survey.
- Award Process
- Resources and Forms
- Grant Award Numbers
- Funding Opportunities
- Information for Proposals
- Proposal Preparation
- Policies and Checklists
- Frequently Asked Questions