The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) serves as the coordinating office for externally funded research projects submitted by The University of Texas at Dallas.
- Notify researchers regarding funding opportunities and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance in drafting, reviewing and processing proposals for submission to sponsoring agencies.
- Assist faculty with several types of contracts — those that support and fund research (e.g., Sponsored Research, Collaborative Research and Research Services), as well as non-funded agreements needed to facilitate research (e.g., Material Transfer, Non-Disclosure and Memoranda of Understanding)
- Receive award documents from Sponsor and forward to Post-Award Management for creation of a cost center.
- Assist with non-financial post-award administrative functions.
Who’s My Grant Specialist?
Submission of Proposals – Internal Deadline
The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) strives to provide our faculty with responsive, high-quality service. In order to maintain the high level of service you have come to expect and address the issues outlined above, all submissions will be subject to the following requirements:
- ALL submission materials and paperwork must be submitted to OSP at least 4 business days prior to the submission deadline.
- Incomplete submissions and/or submissions received after this deadline will be processed only after all complete and timely applications have been processed.
- All submission materials received after the 4-day window will require the approval of the Vice President for Research or the Associate Vice President for Research before OSP will submit the application. An explanation of the extenuating circumstances that resulted in the late proposal must accompany the request for such approval.
Adherence to this policy will ensure OSP and your individual specialist can assist you in submitting timely and high quality applications.
If you have any questions about this policy or any other matters related to sponsored programs, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Vice President for Research, or Emily Lacy, Assistant Director at email@example.com.
Tell us how we’re doing – take our Customer Service Survey.
- Resources and Forms
- Grant Award Numbers
- Funding Opportunities
- Information for Proposals
- Proposal Preparation
- Award Process
- Policies and Checklists
- Frequently Asked Questions