Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a university-wide standing committee whose members are appointed annually by UTD’s President. The IRB has the authority to review, approve, disapprove, or require changes in all research or related activities involving human participants. The Office of Research Integrity and Outreach works directly with investigators and their administrative staff to facilitate submission of the required IRB documentation.
The primary mission of the IRB is to ensure the protection of the rights and welfare of all human participants in research conducted by university faculty, staff, and students. The IRB review process is guided by federal and state regulations, university policy, and the Belmont Report. IRB members include faculty, staff, and community members (scientists and non-scientists) who, in the aggregate, possess a broad range of interests and expertise that correspond with the areas of research reviewed.
- Sanaz Okhovat, Assistant Vice President for Research Integrity and Outreach, 972-883-4579, AD 3.202H, email@example.com, biosafety and chemical safety committee;conflict of interest;export control;institutional review board;lab animal resource center;research and academic safety;research integrity and outreach
- Amanda Boone, Associate Director, IRB, 972-883-4575, AD 3.218B, firstname.lastname@example.org, institutional review board;research integrity and outreach
- Tiffani Jantz Fox, IRB Specialist, 972-883-4535, AD 3.218, email@example.com, institutional review board;research integrity and outreach
- Mary Beth Goodnight, IRB Specialist, 972-883-4595, AD 3.218, firstname.lastname@example.org, institutional review board;research integrity and outreach
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety and Chemical Safety Committee (IBCC)
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Research and Academic Safety
- Export Control
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Contact with Federal Officials
- Shipping Guide