- All fees in $/hr unless otherwise noted.
- User Fee – User fee for using an instrument with some assistance from staff.
- Service Fee – Staff runs the sample on the various instruments and provides the results.
- Training Fee – $50/hr per trainee per instrument.
- External User Fee – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
|Imaging Instruments||Internal User Fee|
|VS120 Slide Scanner||$17|
|Imaris (Workstation 4)||$10|
|Histology Instrument||Internal User Fee|
|Tissue Embedding Station||$11.00|
- Users must make reservations before using the instruments.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 1 hour before the starting time of the reservation. Otherwise, the users will be charged for the reserved time slot.
- Users are responsible for charges of unused reservation hours because of being late or for no-shows.
- Users must not be more than 30 minutes late to prevent other users using your reserved time slot at your expense.
- If a user cannot use the reserved slot for emergency reasons, please bring it to the staff’s attention.
- Microscope workspace, especially microscope objectives, should be kept clean. Oil MUST NOT be used on air objectives.
- A fine will be imposed upon the user for violating the rules.
- At first instance, the violator will be sent a warning message.
- At second instance, the violator will have to pay $100.
- At third instance, the violator will be barred from using the equipment for 1 month.
To reserve an instrument, please visit the Lab Resources Scheduler. The name of the faculty supervisor/sponsor and a valid cost center number are required to complete a reservation.
Long imaging sessions on frequently used instruments (VS120: >2 hours; FV3000RS: >4 hours) must be done between 6pm and 7am or on the weekends.
Get a free consultation.
Go through basic tutorials on choosing the right microscope and email email@example.com for a free consultation to discuss about the best way to accomplish desired results.
Test the equipment.
Try an experiment to see if it’s worth taking training on recommended equipment.
Fill out a form.
Read through the rules and fill out a training requisition form.
Run a few trials.
Carry out first few runs under supervision of trainer till you get comfortable with using the equipment.
Get ongoing support.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you face a challenge anytime, we are there to back you up.